Respected Member of DNA
It is for the intimation to all the life members that the election for the President elect (2023-2024) of DNA is due. The details of the notification and nomination form are enclosed for necessary action. You are requested to read the document carefully and send your nomination before the last date. The same notification is available on the website www.dnadelhi.in and is being sent by surface mail to all eligible life members, for preliminary information, I reproduce the clause 9, of the DNA constitution,
- Only life members can contest for any post.
- For the post of Secretary, Treasurer: one should have been a life member of the Association for a continuous period of at least 3 years.
- For the post of President elect a contestant should have been an active life member for a continuous period of 5 year and with a continuous standing in the respective specialty field of not less than a period of 20 years.
- No Members of E.C. can be elected charge of office of any Post of the
Association with completing the term of existing post.
- No member is eligible to contest for more than one post in the same
9.3. The President elect shall automatically become President in the following year. There shall be no election for the post of President.
9.4. In the event of resignation, demise or insanity of a officer of the Association, the E.C. is empowered to nominate one of its existing members to the post vacated till the following election.
9.5 Elections shall be held by postal ballot, prior to the annual conference.
9.6 The executive committee shall have the right to change the logistics of the election process in the face of exigencies or introduce byelaws for other modes of voting like electronic voting from floor and any other mode as & when required.
And as per Amendments approved in its general body meeting held on 6th February 2010
- No person who is not as a member of EC for one term can be eligible for any officer post of the society.
Dr. Anshu Rohatgi
Secretary , Delhi Neurological Association
Sr. Consultant Neurology, Department of Neurology
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi-110060
Email ID: email@example.com
Dr. Vinit Suri, President
Delhi Neurological Association
Senior Consultant & Coordinator, Department of Neurology
I.P. Apollo Hospital, New Delhi – 110076